Photobucket

The worst thing you can do! (When going up hill)


As I enjoyed a brisk 21 mile ride with one of my good friends yesterday morning we traveled a route that I hadn't ridden before. The first ten miles were almost completely down hill. I enjoyed the way that I could coast at 20-25 miles per hour. The wind was keeping me cool and may have even been pushing me along. All was well ...until we reached the half way mark. When we were ten miles out we had to turn around and all of the hills that we enjoyed coasting down were now mountains that we had to climb. As I pushed the peddles and made my way up the hills I discovered a secret that will work in many, if not all, areas of life. I learned what not to do when going up hill. When you're climbing a hill in life the worst thing you can do is stop. The law of inertia says that "things in motion want to stay in motion and the things at rest want to stay at rest" so when you're climbing a hill, although you may be moving slower than you were on a straight-away you're still moving forward. Even though it may be difficult, keep going! The energy and effort that it will take to gain momentum all over again is greater than the energy that it will take to simply stay the course so I don't know what hills you're facing at the moment but the worst thing that you can do is stop climbing.

JessieJennings.com : Jessie Jennings III ~ Jessie Jennings 3, Author of "On Your Mark, Get Set, Go!

Article The worst thing you can do! (When going up hill) Published By Jessie Jennings III Date Sunday, June 20, 2010. Hopefully this article has helped you. If so, let me know with a comment. Talk to you again soon! 0 Commenter: for post The worst thing you can do! (When going up hill)
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment