Photobucket

The Bible and Buck Rogers


Last night I was watching the television show Buck Rogers and the 25th Century. I know I'm a little young for the show as it was out years before I was born but the fact that I used to watch re-runs with my dad has always made me appreciate the show. Since Walmart had the boxed set on sale for $15 the charismatic/ pentecostal Christian in me said that it must be the will of the Lord for my life to buy it so I did. (Lol)

About halfway through the first episode I realized how well the storyline had been written because the lead character Buck Rogers had found himself in the challenging position of being surrounded by a throng of enemies. His side-kick had given up hope and as a viewer even I wondered how he could make it out alive until I remembered one simple truth...this was only the first episode. There were 4 more discs of things to watch so even though I didn't know how he was going to make it out I could rest assured that he was definitely going to do so. I believe that this is a clear illustration of the bluff that the world and the enemy try to make toward Christians in that we are tempted on many occassions by many challenges to believe that our stories are over when God has prepared so much more for us to see and do beyond that moment. The moment may be a crushing blow to our finances, a devastating divorce or a tear jerking disappointment but all of us have them.

When we rely on God's Word and trust in God's plans for our lives we can find comfort in the midst of challenges believing that even though we may not know how God's going to work in our lives to accomplish our destiny we can rest assured that God will definitely do so because in the ever popular Romans 8:28 the bible says "All things work together for the good of those who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose." Remember that and have more faith in God than I had in Buck Rogers.

-Jessie

JessieJennings.com : Jessie Jennings III ~ Jessie Jennings 3, Author of "On Your Mark, Get Set, Go!

Article The Bible and Buck Rogers Published By Jessie Jennings III Date Sunday, January 10, 2010. Hopefully this article has helped you. If so, let me know with a comment. Talk to you again soon! 0 Commenter: for post The Bible and Buck Rogers
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment