Photobucket

How to Find Your Purpose (Part 1)

A little known fact about Jessie Jennings is that I’ve become accustomed to visiting the neighborhood Walmart at least two or three times a week. I will periodically pop in to pick up my lunch for the week or milk for the house or little odds & ends that come up along the way. Such was the case a while back when I decided to make a quick Walmart run and realized that you can really benefit from having a shopping list developed before you get to the store. (Stay with me I’m going somewhere.) I say this because although the store was extremely crowded, I was able to accelerate my shopping time and minimize my frustration for one reason and one reason only… because I knew why I was there!

I didn’t have to waste time in the lawn care section, I wasn’t there for that. I didn’t need to go through the automotive section, I wasn’t there for that. I like to look in the electronics department but that wasn’t the day to do it because I wasn’t there for that. I was able to minimize the time I wasted wandering because I knew why I was there!
Have you ever wasted time wondering through life because you weren’t sure why you’re here? I know what it’s like to wander and I’m sure you do too.

Maybe you wandered into a career choice and now you’re thinking, “How did I end up here?”

Maybe you wandered into a relationship and now you’re thinking, “How did I end up with you?”

Maybe you wandered into an investment that ended up being a waste of time just because you didn’t know why you’re here. Have you ever told yourself, “If I only knew then what I know now?” I know I have.

All of us have experienced moments of uncertainty, times when we just don’t know which way to go but the Bible gives us a clear direction of what to do in these instances. James 1:5 says, “But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him.”

If you are unsure about the next step to take in your relationship, with your career or toward your goals ask God. He is more than able to give you the insight that you need so that you don’t waste your emotions on people you’re not supposed to be with, in a place you’re not supposed to be in or in a profession that you’re not supposed to be on. Ask!

JessieJennings.com : Jessie Jennings III ~ Jessie Jennings 3, Author of "On Your Mark, Get Set, Go!

Article How to Find Your Purpose (Part 1) Published By Jessie Jennings III Date Friday, May 18, 2012. Hopefully this article has helped you. If so, let me know with a comment. Talk to you again soon! 0 Commenter: for post How to Find Your Purpose (Part 1)
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment